My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Dye Dog #2 - Two'fer!



 So what is Dye Dog #2 - Two'fer you ask!  Well, I decided to use up the other two fabrics and any leftover from the Dye Dog #2 for the backing of my piece.  So, I started just doing some patchwork of pieces and adding some other shibori fabric (I used some pink shibori in the original piece in the strips).  

This was one of the layouts I played with.
 


Another layout...actually, I flipped the piece!  I had started this piece horizontal then I decided to change to vertical, which looks so much better.




But then the more I played with it, the more I decided to make a 2nd quilt piece!  Why waste this on the back of the quilt!  This is my favorite layout, so far. 

I can see LOTS of hand work on this one too!!!!  


So this is my DYE DOG #2 - Two'fer!


1 comment:

  1. I started making "after quilts" a few years ago because the scraps from the quilts were piling up! Now qi am also using up stash fabric so that when I die I only leave enough fabric behind for one or two lifetimes instead of 3 or 4! Good job! This one will be beautiful too no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!