My Favorite Books

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Dye Dog #2 Progress

 





I've been working off and on the design for dye dog #2 this past week.


And started on quilting the piece!








Makes it easy to quilt...just follow the lines!  HA






Didn't do any fancy free motion work.  



I had to color in some of the black lines with a black micro pen.











I traced the stencil of the tree on back of fusible web then cut out the tree in black fabric.



And now it's handwork to get busy with!


Once I finish with the square embroidery, I'll be adding black beads (I think!) around the circles.  I plan on doing some stab stitching on the main piece...but that could also change.  I'm busy the rest of this week, so might not get to the hand work until next week.  

Hope to finish up the body on my knitted lace...I have about 2 more inches of the body then ribbing...THEN I can start on the sleeves!  Well, Easter is a long way off, right!  It will be finished by then...fingers crossed!


1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of fussy cutting! It's looking good. I like those pink shapes with embroidery- black beads will add a nice sparkle, too. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!