My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Dye Dog Progress



I'm working away on handwork on my dye dog #2!  This is the best part, as far as I'm concerned.  I just love any type of hand work.  It's so relaxing to me...even if I have to 'unrip' at times...who me!...it's still a fun process to do.

These are pieces of ultra suede that I had leftover from other projects!






In addition to some of the embroidery work, I had to add beads, right!  I played around with different colors of beads (hence, the 'unripping') but decided on turquoise beads, which look very pale here but they are a pretty shade and match the turquoise in the quilt.






Here is the side panel finished with beading and stitching.  I'm happy with how it turned out.












I am making progress...now to do hand stitching around the tree!  We don't have a target date so I don't feel that pressure, which I don't care for!  We have enough pressure in our lives.  HA HA





Again, I'm using a turquoise thread.  It's Lana Madera, color 3875 and only using one strand.

On a side note, I'm working on the ribbing of my lace top!  Woohoo!  And should be starting on the sleeves next week...depends on which mood I'm in...to knit or hand stitch!






3 comments:

  1. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is looking so good- and no deadline makes it truly relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dye dogs.......oh you could create using a paper bag.....love this project!!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!