My Favorite Books

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Beaded Wren Progress

 Well, I finally got to attach my beaded wren to the quilted background!  Next, I wanted to add some color so rather than me messing it up with disperse dyes or hand painting, I decided to just add some applique leaves!  And, of course, bead them!  

Here's my progress so far!   I took a friend to the eye doctors and it gave me the opportunity to attach my wren to the background!!!  




I cut out some green leaves, which I think gives the piece some color, obviously!  It needed something else.



This is before I added the beads.









I think the leaves and additional beading add a little more to the piece.  I'll off set him when I decide border, canvas or 'what' to finish the piece.

3 comments:

  1. I like the accent the leaves provide, too. The wren is beautifully detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry of createology: Your beaded birdie is beautiful. The quilted background is lovely. I think the green leaves with the beading add just the right touch. Happy September Robbie Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretat save for this pretty little bird! Sometimes a piece is just waiting for the right time to shine!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!