My Favorite Books

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Language of Flowers Online Class



 I believe I mentioned I was taking the Language of Flowoers online class by Hilary Beattie!  I am excited about this online class...it combines design and quilting, so the best of both worlds.  Only issues is Hilary would like to encourage us to learn to draw!  OMG!  I have a hard time drawing stick men..let along draw flowers!  HA  But I'm giving it a go!  NOT!  










Hilary is so good at showing us how to use an inspiration picture and transfer it to a piece of paper!  She also gives us the option of using tracing paper...so guess which I decided to use!  HA  I've always said I can trace with the best of them!  HA  So here's what I've been working on the past few days!  









This was traced from my inspiration piece above.














And this is how I traced the pic above to my journal and then added definition!  I'm happy with how it came out.  Now to work on another piece.   I know I can enhance areas when I get to quilting but I'm a long way to that section of our class!

Yes, I did try to draw this original pic!  OMG....I just can't decide where to start of how to start.  But I might before this class is over with in a year!  











Here are some of my 'attempts' at drawing...no, I didn't even take 5 min. to draw any of this!  HA

This was my inspiration piece!


And this is as far as I got!  I couldn't figure out how or where to start to draw!


My next inspiration piece...



No it doesn't look anything like the above picture!  HA  Another one that I just didn't know where to start or where to end!  HA

But I can still "trace with the best of them"!  HA



2 comments:

  1. You've made a good start. The advice on improving drawing I see from online teachers is to just start! I'm sure you'll see improvement and gain confidence as you go. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best advice I was given from my high school art teacher was to turn something upside down to draw it. So, you would take that orangey red flower print and turn it upside down. Then you draw the spaces you see instead of trying to make it look like a flower. A flower may not be the best example but most people try to draw what they know is there instead of what they actually see. It's much easier to draw the shapes that are in something when it's upside down.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!