My Favorite Books

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Language of Flowers Workshop - continues

 



Yep, I'm still at it with Hilary's online class!  I have to say it's rather fun adding the detail to a tracing.  It certainly makes me look closer at the subject I am trying to draw by adding detail.  

This is my second inspiration piece.  I'm trying to decide which tracing to use for my actual quilted/drawing piece.  











This is my 2nd tracing.....




















And this is what's now in my journal!  Which is a 9"x12" journal.   I do like the detail in my first tracing (below) and can see it would be a perfect piece the free motion stitching.








I like the detail in this drawing...guess we'll see.  I was trying to pull some vintage type fabrics from my stash.  Haven't decided what colors to use to compliment the lace/vintage fabrics.  Problem with this drawing, the flowers are white in the picture...guess I could make them pink or blue or????

2 comments:

  1. The first image has such graceful lines. I agree it would make a nice quilted piece. You found some really good sources for botanical images.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!