My Favorite Books

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Lace T progress!

 


Yes, I am making progress....although, I don't think I've ever worked on a project that caused me so much frustration!  I have done other lace work but my first problem was not using the chart to follow and using the written instructions.


Looks good so far doesn't it!  That wavey area on top is the neckline.


And then the frustration started!  I kept losing my place in each repeat section (there are 8 sections you start with that repeat a pattern in each row)...but each row has different stitches....


And this was the 2nd TIME!!!!  I ripped out to restart this T!


So now I was on a roll!!  And treated myself to a fresh baked cookie and cup of milk (real milk, which we don't normally drink!  I just happened to have purchased some for a recipe!  And it tasted so good!).














Written instructions......



Chart work...there are 3 charts in this pattern.  I have to say the instructions/pattern by Valentina Bogdanova are so well written...good explanation...tips, etc.  My problem is the concentration you need to knit this top!  Dogs, hubby, etc. can throw me off and I would lose my place.  

But, I have to say, now that I'm using the chart, it's so much easier to see where I'm going, where I've been and what I did wrong.  Don't get me wrong...I've had two other nights that I struggles for over 2+ hours correcting my mistake on just one row!  But I did it!!!!


And look how far I've come!  I'm going to switch to larger circular needles so this will be spread out even more so you'll see more of the pattern!

Who knows...it may get finished by spring after all!!!!  Fingers crossed!!!


1 comment:

  1. You sure have a lot of patience! It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!