My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Cardinal is finished!

Yep...cardinal is all finished...even the sleeve on the back!  Ready for the exhibit "Birds, Blooms and Butterfly's" in May..or is it April?  Hmmmmm  I forget, but it's done...now to finish the Woodpecker and maybe the other beaded bird that is waiting for a home!  HA

Finished Cardinal

It was fun to work on this cardinal and I'm so glad to have put him in a home of patchwork!  Now onto the woodpecker and the wren, who is waiting for his home!
In progress.....








I started off with some stab stitching then switched to green threads.











I need to add more of the embroidery...



branch and some beading!













Sometimes you don't know when to stop or when to add more...







I finally decided to stop adding more embroidery...
Animation from beginning to end!


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finish! I picked up 1000 quilt inspirations from the library yesterday. Was pleasantly rewarded when I noticed your quilt not only inside but in the cover as well! How in the world did I miss this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cardinal is really stunning in that frame. The embroidery adds interest.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out wonderfully! And a sleeve on? Yup-it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a beautiful piece...love everything about it...the embroidery is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! I love everything about this piece <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful!!!! Even cardinal's claws are there. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!