My Favorite Books

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

It's all my daughter's fault!

This past weekend, my daughter gave me boxes and boxes of fabric, books, yarn, etc.  She is purging her quilting stash and I was lucky enough to be the recipient of her purge!   I can't believe all the wonderful fabric, threads, etc. she had!  Wow!!!  This is some beautiful yarn she had for felting (I've found someone who can use these skeins already!). 























This is what the back of my car with Dawn's boxes looked like!




 I was so impressed and inspired with her cleaning and purging that I decided I should do the same...only so I can replace what I give away with some of her wonderful items!  HA HA


I took each of my fabric bins out and started to go through each one....purging into boxes or trash bag(s).  I found lots of tiny pieces of fabric(s) that couldn't be used for much...well, maybe 1/2" hexes! 

Yes, that's Gigi up on the table...the fabric piles fell on her more than once!  HA











I filled up boxes and used some of my old bins/totes to hold all the fabric. 






And I found this piece of leftover fabric!  It's from 1984!  I made my daughter a dress for her graduation with it!!!  I'm keeping it!






Look how empty my bins are!  I keep separate bins for each color (reds/blues/greens/black/neutrals). 















The bottom of the closet.  I have some quilts pieces that I've cut up in the drawer.  In the blue box, I have some patterns and some of my old drawings I've used for quilts.  Hate getting rid of my old patterns...who knows...I might make another hex horse!  HA








This is what the back of my SUV looks like now!  HA  And it will look this way for the next week or two!





This is what it looks like from the inside of my car looking out back.

Next week, I have our small art group meeting, so I'll have the ladies look at what they can use.  What remains, I'll get to our quilt guild.  I'm sure the ladies in that group can  use the majority of these goodies! 

Whew, I was pooped but my room and shelves look so nice now!  Hmmmmmm  I just might have to grab some more fabric my daughter has in those boxes!  HA

3 comments:

  1. After helping an elderly friend distribute 50 years of quilting materials from a 10’ storage pod last year. I did some purging myself….yes, it feels so good and relieves my family from what would have been a bigger task when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what treasures you brought home. And oh, what treasures are leaving! It really needs to be done from time to time, but so hard to part with some things. And you are manufacturing more treasures with your printing. I purged my closet, but not for the reason of getting new treasures. I could not find a pair of pants I'd not even worn yet. It was bugging me- and I was ashamed there was so much stuff I could not find the pants. Well, I went through all three sides, trying on to determine if I'd still use things, and sure enough- the last few hangers I looked at- there they were. Sheesh. But it's done. Scooter is coming along well now. Still leash restricted, but getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got done doing just about the same thing. I wanted to start making a quilt for Corey's son and could NOT find some of the Spiderman fabric I KNEW I bought. It really was buried under the clutter. I am resolved not to fall in love with any new fabric, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!