My Favorite Books

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Val Webb Class

Back in 2013, I took a Watercolor Lettering class by Val Webb.  I posted at that time (here) on being introduced to Val's work by a blog buddy, Susan,








These are some of the drawings I did in the lettering class. 















I have been trying to decide how to enhance or draw/trace the background fabric for my 'blue squirrel'.  I need to add more leaf effects and thought I would just trace them on the fabric then embroider them.






Well, I happened to look at my watercolor book from Val's class in 2013 and thought....why don't I take another class....I see where we did draw  leaves, foliage in that class....so guess what!  Yep, I'm taking another class from Val!!!  It's called 'Botanical Sketchbook Painting'.

I am really excited and have to say I've actually drawn a few 'things' already!  I am taking my time and watching Val's video's several, several times.  She is so good at teaching and explaining each step!   What fun!!!!






This was my first drawing...it's a Luna Moth...it's not great but I did learn quite a lot.






I attempted to draw a butterfly.  Again, nothing great but it made me more conscious on really looking at what I am drawing.






This was my 2nd attempt at the Luna Moth...lots better than the 1st.  Again, no awards for drawing but gosh....you should see my stick men!  Poor things don't even look like sticks let along stick men!  HA









And this was my first attempt at drawing a Marigold flower!!!  My 1st!!!!











My second attempt at drawing the Marigold flower...I think I like my 1st one better!  HA


I don't want to paint/draw people or one of my dogs...but I do use butterfly's and foliage in quite a lot of my work....so rather than trace an image I'm hoping I can draw on my fabric...Mr. Blue will be my first attempt!  Well, his background will be my first attempt...won't happen for a few months but it will happen.  I'm also looking at another class Val has,  Draw & Paint Six Culinary Herbs.  This could become my newest obsession!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!