My Favorite Books

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Food, of course, and Fun!

Yep..another 'fun' week of eating out!  Bob and I had lunch at Turnpike Mike's last Wednesday.  It's a new Bistro and the food was fantastic!  I had chicken salad sandwich w/ cole slaw...yum.  I could only eat less than half.  In fact, the leftover chicken salad was enough for two days of lunch!







Bob had their Philly cheese with their french fries which as the best fries.  They are called Wheels & Peels and they are not your normal french fry!  Fried potatoes normally bother both Bob and I but these didn't!







 And for dessert!  Yum...yep, another fried food....fried cheesecake...again...whoever fries their food know what they are doing!  Nothing is greasy at all!  Just delicious!









Thursday was our normal 'dinner with the gang' and we ate at Brick City Southern Kitchen, downtown Ocala.  Yum!  Always great food...I was too busy eating and talking to take pics but the pulled brisket sandwich with lots of BBQ sauce was perfect!  It came with a salad, which was so fresh so I ate the entire salad and only half my sandwich! 

Sunday, my bud, Marcia and I headed north to Gainesville to attend the Tioga Fine Arts Festival.  The weather was beautiful..low 70's and slight breeze!  Just perfect to walk around and visit the 100 vendors! I always enjoy this art show and I even bought a Christmas gift for my son!  Can't post a picture..you ever know who or when someone may look at my blog! 











I did buy something for myself!  A new pair of earrings.  I really love them.  Barbara's work is beautiful and unique!  She has a wonderful web site and videos of her classes and some of her wonderful work!  Check out her web site.




Of course, Marcia and I had to stop for lunch!  All that walking makes us thirsty and hungry!  Another great meal at the Blue Highway Tioga!  This is a chain (for those who don't know it) but the food is awesome! 














Yes, I'm a chicken salad kind of gal!  Another huge sandwich and salad!  Love their Blue Highway salad! 


I really enjoy my leftovers for 'when' I am home to eat lunch!  HA



Check out my salad!!!  Delicious!








Marcia had the same salad but with shrimp added.  And their fries are to die for!
Those are Marcia's not mine!  HA






Yesterday, Bob and I had a late lunch/early dinner at Piesanos!    They have lunch specials that you can't beat.  I had a Gorgonzola salad (I could only eat half!) and a piece of pizza  for $7.99 - check out the size of that slice!  Delicious!


Bob had their lunch special #1, house salad, slice of cheese pizza ad a half meatball sandwich!  All for $8.99!  Both are meals were great and the pizza was delicious!  Yep, we'll be back! 















And, for our first visit, they gave us four of their Piesano's yeast bread...double yum! 



So now I'll be walking the dogs, each, 3 times a day rather than 2 times a day!  I only have 7983 steps on my fitbit!  Think that's enough steps to counter maybe two bites of pizza???

5 comments:

  1. It’s not even 6:00 AM here and you’ve already got my mouth watering….tx’s for the culinary tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great places to eat! We like Paisano's, too and those garlic rolls are delish. I'm of the same mind as you- most places serve way too much. But it makes a second meal, and that's a good thing. Just getting back online. Major computer fail- so had to buy a new one. Ugh. Now to deal with new keyboard, and other reinstall glitches. Pardon any typos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that food and yet you stay super trim...must be walking your fur babies that helps. Looks like fun for everyday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you write about the food in Florida I get hungry! I love chicken salad and pulled pork. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!