My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Birthday Tea!

First off, my blog is just that...my blog...hence, as the title states..."a little chatter and fiber work"....HA  I know of late my blog contains more eating than fiber but that seems to be my life in the winter!  Honest, I am working on some fiber work...but in between....

This past Thursday, Verna (our resident baker phenomenal!) prepared a Birthday Tea for 8 of us!  Three of the ladies, who were visiting, each have a March birthday.  Hence, a reason for a celebration!  Verna, as always, outdid herself starting with the drinks, table setting and food!!!  Pictures 'say a thousand words' so here they are! 
Our beautiful hostess, Verna!
Birthday Girl, Barb!

Birthday Girl, Mary Lee

Birthday Girl, Bonnie

Verna's lovely table setting


The menu



Verna embroidered each pansy for the napkin rings

Each table setting


My first plate!  Yes, I refilled it a few times!

Almost...key word almost...had a hard time eating these cuties!
Favor boxes filled with chocolate for the BD girls

And we each received one as well

Just another cute touch from Verna
Jan M. made each of us a flower basket
I made each of the birthday girls a hum bug bag.  They got to pic by the 1st BD girl, who was Mary Lee, then Barb and Bonnie's BD is later this month. 


Back Row:  Susan, Barb, Jan F., Mary Lee, Jan M
Middle Row:  Bonnie, Marilyn
Front:  Verna and me!

What a wonderful afternoon!!!!  Thanks again Verna!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh those chicks!! And that food! Was Verna a caterer in her former life? She sure did a wonderful job on every single detail of this tea. What a lovely time, and happy day to the BD ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely....I love elegant table settings and this was beautiful...and the menu..Yum! I loved the devil eggs and will file that one away. What a fun day for your group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks scrumptious! I love those cute eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!