My Favorite Books

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back to tangles

Weather has been rainy and or windy all week and in the 40's or 50's but feels like the 30's. Today it was windy and rainy and just miserable to be out and about...which I had to be.
Tomorrow is the same with running around but we're not suppose to have any rain. It sure would be nice to take Kalee outside without my raincoat and hood!
Before I show some of the zentangle pieces I've
been working on, here is half of my beaded butterfly completed! Well, almost half...a bottom wing and body left to do! Yippee!! I might get finished before 2012 after all!

Several weeks ago I took another Zentangle class at the Edge Gallery in Fenton. The class was learning to creating zentangle mandalas. We also learned several new Zentangle patterns (a few of the patterns pictures are below in this post). Since I can't do my beading while watching Kalee and TV, it's back to zentangles!

This is one of the mandalas we started on in class. I finished at home then added some color.




I did this one two nights ago. I love working in black and white and I'm looking forward to finishing this one.
At the class, we had to make snow flakes to trace onto our paper to then make a symmetrical 8 sided design. this was my funky snowflake.
Some of the patterns we learned in class that night.

And this is another one I did last night using my snowflake for a pattern. I'm still not sure if I'll add anything to the white areas or not.
So that's all so far. I work a few minutes on my daughters table topper at a time so not much more to show on that. Echo quilting will take some time. Most likely won't post any work until after the weekend. Just hope we see some sun while taking our daily five walks!

4 comments:

  1. Your beaded butterfly is breathtaking. The shading you have achieved is gorgeous and brings life to this. Enjoying your zentangling. I really didn't get into it even though I tried. I was never allowed to doodle as a child and therefore have no desire to tangle. Blissful inpirations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure have loved watching your progress on the beaded butterfly.

    I love looking a zentangle.

    You are one talented lady!

    Living near South Bend, you would think there would be many opportunities to take classes on a variety of interests. Sadly, that's not true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly is stunning....gorgeous gradations.
    Maybe you'd consider a 'mini' Zentangle class when you come south !! I doodle but not like that !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Of course I LOVE the beading!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!