My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Thanks to my blog friend, Mary Stori for this award! I wasn't familar with the Liebster award but Mary was kind enough to explain on her blog (The Inside Stori):
“Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest, beloved or favorite, and the Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers - intended to showcase exceptional up-and-coming blogs with 200 or fewer followers.

There are some 'rules' for accepting this award, which are as follows:
  1. Show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. Bask in the love from some of the most supportive people on the internet—other writers and artists.
  5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
So now it's my turn to pass this award on to some of the blogs I follow that I think are so interesting and will be for you as well!

On Diane's blog, D.E.signed by Diane Evans, you will see workmanship that will astound you! I've been a quiet follower of Diane's work for quite sometime and always look forward to her next post. Diane creats quilts but also dabbles in drawings and Zentangles. You'll be inspired to perfect your workmanship even if it's doing a 'doodle'!

Kate from Kate Boyan's Gallery actually inspired me to start doing bead embroidery. I know I'll never "grow up to be a Kate" but her work certainly keeps me trying. Kate creates artwork using beads! Her pieces look more like paintings then beadwork embroidery! I look forward to seeing what Kate is working on next and so will you!

Laurie from Artsy Chick Quilts blog will inspire you to create quilts in color!! Laurie is a Michigan gal (UP actually!) and a hair dresser...you'll see where Laurie's career has influenced her quilts!

Roberta Warshaw is a jewelry designer whose work has intrigued me since I 'met' her through the Bead Journal Project! Roberta created some interesting pieces for the BJP using seed beads so I was hooked. Roberta's medium is mainly polymer clay and you'll be amazed at the beautiful clay beads she creates.

Sally Dunn from Sally's Stuff is my next pick! Sally calls herself a quilt artist but I would just call her an artist! Sally's blog contains beautiful quilts she's created along with drawings/sketches that are wonderful! This talented lady will have you looking at her work from year's past on her blog.

So these are my picks and I know you'll be inspired, amused, delighted in reading each of these unique artists blogs!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for including me on your list! I am honored and can't wait to re-gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robbie for putting me on you Liebster list! I'm loving your beaded birds,I've always thought I would want to do a painted bunting but never have. Happy beading! Kate

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!