My Favorite Books

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Vining Mandevilla


 Last spring  our DIL, Kris, gave us a vining Mandevilla plant and it flowered ALL summer and was beautiful!  I brought it in for the winter and read up on how to keep it until the next spring. 

I cut back the stems, per instructions, talked to it all winter and it kept growing some leaves but not flowers....which is what it was suppose to do...as it needed to 'rest'!


About a few weeks before our weather turned to spring/summer, I decided to repot to a larger pot...and after that, I fertilized it!  Talk about shock....poor plant didn't know what end was up!  I thought it was dead...all the leaves dropped off...it looked SO bad...




I was so upset since the plant did so well inside for the winter!!!  So thought I might as well go ahead and put outside!  And guess what!!!  Look at the leaves!






And more leaves!!!!



So I cut off all of the dead stems remaining and just kept "talking to it" and watering when needed!





Check out my Vining Mandevilla plant now!  I thought I had killed it but it's flowering!  




And check out the beautiful flowers!!!



There are several buds left and the leaves are a bright green and shiny!  Just what they are suppose to be!  


I never said I was a gardner and this proves it!  HA  The plant did it all on its own...with a little help from Mother Nature taking over!  Yes, I'll bring it in for the winter again this year but I won't repot or fertilize!!  

No, this year it will not look like it did last summer but I am banking on it looking good next summer!

Thanks, Kris, for the gift that "keeps on giving"...well, as long as I leave it alone!

1 comment:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!