My Favorite Books

Friday, August 20, 2021

Some more projects




 I did finish the poncho base and blocked it.  Now to seam the top edge so I can pick up stitches to knit the cowl collar!  Almost finished and it's not even fall yet!  Woo hoo!












With the internet down last week/weekend, I decided to edge the driveway and sidewalk around the house!  Of course, being the farm girl I am, I didn't use the electric edger but instead used the old farm tool! 




When Bob got home, he said "oh, you used the electric edger?"  Well, no!  That electric edgers trims grass and can edge but holy heck!  It was more effort to figure out how to contort the bugger to edge vs trim, so I didn't even attempt to use it.  I'm used to hard work on the farm and just pretend, sometimes, we live on a farm!  HA

No those aren't my boots!  Just wanted to show what my edger looked like!






Pretty good job, right!



I was quite happy with the way the lawn looks but it was hard work!  Holy Heck!  I think that's the last I'll do edging in my lifetime or at least in this lifetime!  

3 comments:

  1. Your edging looks fantastic! The grass along my driveway (I have no sidewalks at the street) sits higher than the concrete so I just run the weed wacker to edge it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poncho is really shaping up. That soft color is so pretty. No internet is headache for sure. I needed a tune up call recently, too. I kept getting dumped off at random times. Then it would restore itself. It was throwing Alexa into a tizzy. Us, too. All fixed now. But you went to extremes without your connectivity.. that edging was a huge job and I bet your muscles let you know how huge the next day! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lawn looks so pretty with the edging...sure it was hard work but you probably lost 10 lbs...for doing it by hand..Wooo Wooo...bring on the ice cream..! Your poncho is beautiful also, love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!