My Favorite Books

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Dog Progress!



 


And you thought this would be a sewing or art post!  Fooled you...well, actually, I can show some more progress on my 'string art' piece...about 75% finished with the background blue stitching...can't wait to start on the orange!





This way I can see my progress!


No, it's not an afghan for the couch!   I'm at the point on the poncho to start the seed stitch on the side edge so I can then bind off and block.  Then I'll pick up stitches to knit the cowl part.  And it's not even fall yet!  I may get this finished after all! 







With my back out the last week or so, I'm a tad behind in our dog lessons but the nice thing about Susan Garrett's online Recaller class you work at your own speed.  We have 40 weeks of lessons but the course is for a year.  There is so much information so I do spend time at night listening to Susan's Podcasts or watching video's for our lessons or just reading ALL the pdf files Susan provides.  Yes, there's a lot of information but I do so enjoy learning and teaching what we learn to our dogs!  Plus, we are encouraged to take video's and upload to our respective lesson for trainers to critique or assist us when lessons just aren't going as they should. 

 This won't seem like a big deal to most of you but my little Gigi used to jump up on the side of the cabinets and just continue to jump up and down when waiting for her dinners. Too bad I didn't take a clip of that!

I started out when she would jump just standing still and not saying or doing anything. After awhile she got the idea (without words! How cool is that!) And she started to just sit on her carpet/Hot Zone in the kitchen but as soon as the dish hit the floor, she would start to run and jump to get the food.
I then started to pick up the dish and she would actually back up - wish I had that on tape! - and go back to the rug/HZ. Now she sits and waits for me to release her to eat!!


I combined this clip to show both girls.  They are  suppose to 'search' for the treat and then come back to their mat/HZ (hot zone)...no matter how small it gets!  My big butt is in the way so it's hard to see little Gigi but you get the idea.  


And for those who don't follow me on FaceBook....we have the best farm to buy the best corn!!!  Bob and I go crazy for Weil's corn and I try to freeze as much as I can.  Today I cut off 16 ears and packaged.  I already have four other packages in the freezer from doing this about a week ago.  BUT the corn tastes SO good come fall!  Well worth the effort!




I put four ears in boiling water for 1 minutes then in ice water for a minute of two.  Each bag  holds 4 ears along with 1/4 cup of water.  One of my buds in Florida, thanks Nancy B.!, told me this about a year or two ago and it works great.  

So guess I need to get back to my dog lessons or Hilary's MIP lessons (yes, she is still doing some video's that I haven't watched yet).  This is our last module but another online class that I've loved for the past two years.  Now to produce some work, right!


3 comments:

  1. What a clever way to remove the kernels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so well behaved! I don't have a dog, but I really appreciate it when dogs I encounter are trained to behave nicely. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and the girls! You have crammed a lot of content in with all the videos and reading, but they seem to enjoy it and it's clearly making a big difference. The kitchen trick for corn kernels is very efficient!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!