My Favorite Books

Friday, August 27, 2021

Disperse Dye Prints

 Here are the printed results from the disperse transfer dyes I painted last weekend.  There are still tons of ink remaining on the papers because I wasn't applying a lot of pressure with the hot iron...some of the fabrics started to turn brown, even using teflon sheet on top.  But now I can experiment with more fabrics and papers!  



These were small rectangle papers I dyed/painted.




And this is the print I got. I had some Mixed Media Sheets by Icraft that I played with in 2019 while doing Hilary's MIP online class.  These picked up the color well but the sheets did start to bubble, which you can see on the orange in the middle!









The printed paper is on the right and the transfer results are on the left.





I used blue, orange and yellow dyes on this paper!




I printed 4 different times with the transfer paper below.



It is so deceiving when you look at the paper you painted with the transfer dye.  You need to keep in mind the dye you used.  In this sample, I painted Yellow and blue, which you can see on the print but the paper doesn't show that!




Again, these are pretty prints and with stitching you can enhance what you see.



You would think the leaf print would be black!  Fooled you!  I used a mixture of blue and purple and I think I may have added some orange paint.  Hence, some 'mud' color but this is one of my favorites.




These are really pale prints but there's a lot of paint left on the paper.






I mixed blue and yellow...duh...




Actually, I think I may just use some of the papers in some art pieces!  I could seal the transfer ink/paint with some of Hilary's wax that I purchased for preserving the colors on dyed/stenciled papers.
8.5" 11" paper!


These transfer dyed papers look the same but if you look closely they are different.  Lots of color left to transfer!  

I almost finished knitting the cowl on my poncho, so once that's finished I'll print some more from the papers in this series.  I am anxious to do something with these!!


1 comment:

  1. You got some really great results…..a technique I’ve never conquered well. Fun to see and get inspired to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!