My Favorite Books

Monday, June 28, 2021

Family Get Together!

 Finally had dinner for the kids this past Sunday as well as being able to give Nick his t-shirt quilt!  Between everyone working and Lacrosse games, it was hard to get a family day together with all of us!  But we did it, finally!  

I gave Nick his choice of meals (Chicken, Ham, Mexican, Italian, etc.).  He picked Italian Gardens, which is one of our families favorite places to eat (they actually have four restaurants within a 30 mile radius!).  So Saturday, I picked up Gluten Free (Nick's girlfriend is gluten free) Mostaccioli w/sweet sauce, Chicken Alfredo and Lasagna.  Each dish was delicious and of course, I made a few appetizers (stuffed jalapenos, spinach/artichoke dip, strawberry salsa and regular salsa w/chips and some cheese sticks, one of Nick's favs...well, it used to be!). 



Along with the three food trays, the restaurant gave us tons of salad and fresh bread.  I  made a corn/avocado salad and fruit salad along with the tossed salad.  But, I felt bad for my daughter...she's on a strict food plan and doing so well...but I made an assumption she could eat three of the salads but she could only have the tossed salad.  She doesn't eat any sugar, starch, bread, etc.  She only has meat and veggies..along with her protein bars.  Now I know for next time.  I should have asked her and I could have made some chicken for her.  Darn!






The infamous T-Shirt quilt was in this bag!  HA




Nick's girlfriend is a delight.  Just a sweet, nice young lady.  I didn't get a picture of the two of them!  But I'm sure we'll be seeing them together again...now for grandma to remember to take a picture!


This is Auntie and my grand daughter resting after dinner!




Grandpa and Uncle Jeff...actually, they were watching the golf match...which went on for 11 extra holes!  

My son and DIL...Oh, and I made Emeril Lagasse's Chocolate Fantasy Cake.  I forgot to take a picture but if you google it, you'll see other cook's who also published Emeril's recipe with a picture! It's flourless so I thought would also be perfect for Braylon, Nick's girlfriend.  The cake was great but it is SO rich...right up my alley and Nick's.  He had two pieces and I gave him the rest of it to take home.  I also had 3 different ice creams along with butterscotch and chocolate sauce and Reddi Whip for on top of the cake!  


Everyone took home leftovers and Bob and I still have some in our freezer too!  It was a really nice day...although, it was so hot and muggy we just stayed inside.  Kids played pool downstairs in the family room and we were all quite comfortable inside!  So here are some video's...Nick said one of the T-shirts was his sister's!  Hmmmmmmm  I just used what I was given!  HA







2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time with family! I am sure when Nick went home he spent some serious time looking at his quilt. It turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gatherings are always winners in the food department!! You made nearly as much as what you bought from the restaurants. That quilt is really a treasure. Such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!