My Favorite Books

Saturday, June 12, 2021

A post a week?

 


A week since my last post??  Guess I'm not doing much to write about!  But why am I so busy at home!  Actually, I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning and purging!  That is when Bob isn't around!  He has a hard time letting go of certain items...like 8 pillows we have that we don't use!!!  In Bob's defense, he does have a lot of arthritis in his neck and has a hard time finding just the right pillow to sleep on.  I talked him into getting a new pillow last week AND he did agree to throwing out 2 pillows!  Bob is flying his planes today, so I dropped off an entire carload to Goodwill here in town..no pillows but lots of other 'stuff' we'll never use and someone else could.  I'll pitch some more pillows in the trash next week, hopefully, Bob won't be home!  







I am back hand stitching on my split rail piece I started several months ago.  I do so enjoy hand stitching as it's so relaxing!  


















This is before I started any stitching.  When I am finished with all of the hand work, I have something in mind to add to or take away from the darker areas in the pattern.  Not sure if it will work but it's using discharge  paste!  Who knows!  Now to get busy finishing all that stitching!



 

5 comments:

  1. An incredibly successful piece made better by your creative hand stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece...the colors and especially the hand stitching with the heavier thread...I'm thinking I've probably asked this already but what kind of thread do you use...? It's most effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand stitching really takes this to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the different designs you are quilting. That will make it so interesting to look at beside the beautiful fabric. I need to do a bit of cleaning/purging myself. I just get so busy sewing that it cleaning seems to take a backseat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fabrics are just so compelling! Hand stitching is a great accent for them. I'm so behind in both blog reading and posting on my own. I'm with you- wondering how the time flies past so quickly. Glad Bob is able to get out and enjoy his hobby.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!