My Favorite Books

Monday, June 21, 2021

2nd painted mirror frame!





 Yes, I can get carried away with creating  the same project over and over!  I have to say I enjoyed making the first painted mirror frame (post here) and I had another piece of painted fabric my daughter created years ago..so......


Both of these are 11" x 14".  The top one is the first one and the bottom is the 2nd one I did this weekend!







This was another piece of fabric my daughter painted in Ann Johnston's class years ago.



I added more yellow and stenciled white, which I forgot to take a picture of but you can see the white stencil areas on the finished piece.












I'm attaching this one to a wrapped canvas




I painted around the edges of the wrapped white canvas.   I wanted to attach the painted mirror (in background to the canvas).  




And the finished piece.  Sure would like to know how folks photograph an object that has a mirror in it!  You can see my quilt wall if you click on the picture in the mirror!  HA



After I painted the edges, I added some black strips so it blends with the front of the fabric.  Looks so much better when hanging on a wall and you look at the side of the canvas.  A finished look I think.


I am giving this one to my daughter this weekend.  The kids are coming up to celebrate Nick's graduation and he'll get his T-shirt quilt!  Finally!  But at least it's been finished since May! 








I think the two look good together!  HA








I have lots of my art work hanging in my sewing area!  Why not...what else would you do with all that work!  I'm happy with the  painted mirror frame(s) but I think I'm done now...onto the next project!


4 comments:

  1. If one is fun, two must be double! These do look nice on your wall, and hanging together. Having your own mini gallery is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I am giving this 2nd one to my daughter this coming weekend. She'll be surprised.

      Delete
  2. The painted mirrors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!