My Favorite Books

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Working away....

I did some more stitching on the 'modern quilt'....I'm happy with how the filling in the hex block is coming along.  It's a little hard twisting the quilt around the machine with my wrists but sewing a little at a time is getting the job done.  I think this block is pretty much complete...well,for the time being!  HA

And I've started back on my Blue Squirrel!!  Feels good to be beading again!!  Actually, just being productive again in my art work feels good!


Last weekend Bob suggested I look for some elastic to put on his pants so his shirt(s) don't pull out!  I couldn't find anything at Joann's so I looked online.  And, of course, I found a site that sold exactly what he was looking for!  I ordered the waistband gripper,  I believe on Sunday, and received our order on Wednesday!  I am very impressed with the Sewing Place!

Since I was just ordering a small amount of elastic, I thought I'd look at the rest of their web site and look what I found!


I've been trying to find a firm/foam brayer to use in my art work.  The foam rollers I have are really way too soft but I've been able to 'get by' these few years.  I looked at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. and never could find the one I wanted!  Until this weekend on TheSewingPlace!  I am so happy with it!!!  I'm thinking of ordering another one just to have on hand!!  If you want a foam but firm brayer for printing/stencils/etc.  check it out on their web site here.  Plus, they certainly get the order(s) out quickly!!!  My gosh!
Graphic pic in this paragraph!  Well, not that graphic!!!

Wednesday was a busy day with getting Gigi to the vet's @ 8 for her dental cleaning.  Running back home then to run errands and picking up Gigi @3.  She did great...whew!  Always scary when the little ones are 'put out'!   See...clean teeth now!  Our vet takes pics before and after...I only took a pic after!  She wasn't that bad so she came though this procedure really well!
So that's my week, so far!!!  Besides the 90+ degree weather, its quite a nice summer, so far!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the blue squirrel...look forward to seeing it finished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks really good on this piece. And good to see Blue Boy is back out for some air. Will look into the sewing site- thanks for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the site. Your quilt is so pretty. I could never use white in my dusty house. Dogs + dirt = dust.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you are able to bead once again. Blue squirrel is going to be absolutely STUNNING! GiGi did well and her teeth look very clean. Hex quilting is really coming along and looking fabulous. Always so fun to find a really good source for what we need.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!