My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

What's going on at our house?

It's been hot, hot, hot here in Michigan.....actually, for the past month!  It's Florida weather for sure!  And we do really need the rain.  Although, our tomato plant is thriving, as long as I remember to water it twice a day!







 This is a new baby....there are 2 other 'babies' too!  And there is another 14 tomatoes are getting ready to ripen....Woo Hoo













And this little guy was sitting next to the hummingbird feeder on our deck rail.  He was getting ready to jump into the 'moat' I have the feeder sitting in (keeps the ants out of the feeder).  So, I removed the feeder and refilled the 'moat' with fresh water and he jumped in the container!  Poor little guy was probably drying out from all the heat!  He stayed in the container for quite sometime!





I put the container on the floor of the deck, as I thought he might jump out and it's a long way down to the backyard.


I'm still wondering how he got up this high!  Our deck is about 12feet off the ground level!  Never know what might show up in your yard!




5 comments:

  1. It’s been HOT here too….and we are desperately in need of rain……more so considering we have a well!! We’ve had fog nearly every morning now for awhile. The locals say that for each day of fog (which usually occurrs in Aug.) equals 1 day of snow in the winer…..oh noooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomatoes are impressive. My summer favorite fresh from the garden and warmed by the sun. We have not had good luck with tomatoes here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cold and rainy down here in Australia, just had to write and say how much I love the patterns on the little frogs body. I only seem to get plain ones around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very hot all across our states. Your tomato plants are thriving and you will have lots to eat. Cute little froggie just needed some nice wet water. Ceiling Fans and Air Conditioner in full cooling mode. Not much energy for me to do house or yard keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, its been abnormally hot. I think we are going for a record on number of days with 90+ degrees. This is our best year for tomatoes in a few years. Frogs get around! and UP! and Down! How cool this guy found your water. I LOVE frogs!!
    xx, CArol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!