My Favorite Books

Monday, November 17, 2014

Baby, it's still cold outside!!

Kalee and I just got back from our 2nd walk of the day...it's now 23 degrees and very windy.  Actually, it's the first time I got cold while walking...just because of the wind.  Doesn't seem to bother Kalee!

Yesterday, I cut down (yep, couldn't figure out what else to do with the piece) my hand stitched background piece.
Before chopping down!


This is the one I was going to use for my beaded leaf.  Problem was the two pieces were of the same value so I've opted to make another background for the beaded leaf.  That will be a Florida project.

Looks a little wonky here but blame that on the photographer.




One of the artists in Master's exhibit we've selected is Mary Ann Beckwith.  She creates and teaches watercolor and lives in Michigan.  I love her work and I think this piece fits in with her artwork.  Hence, I had to cut the piece I made down to 16" x 20", which is the size of our exhibit art quilts.

16" x 20"




One of these days I'm going to hire a good photographer!!!!  Geeeezzzz...the pictures always look good inside the camera!

Pictures that follow are detail of the piece.  I love hand stitching...have I said that before!!  Well, it's true!!

I just need a label and sleeve on this one too...they sure are piling up those quilts waiting for labels and sleeves!  But I might be saving them for Florida too!  My machine is acting up again!  It went crazy yesterday...all the lights went out but the machine kept humming!  Do you think it's just getting tired!




I don't want to think what it would or will cost to repair...especially, since I'm thinking it's the computer...I bought the machine new in the spring of 1996 and I've taken good care of it with yearly cleanings and in between projects.



So now it's back to working on my peacock hand stitching.  I'm at a good point in my knitted project but I'm not totally clear on the next step.  I'm going to stop in the yarn shop tomorrow and talk to our instructor.  I don't want to be ripping out knitted stitches...it's not as easy for me as ripping out quilting stitches!



3 comments:

  1. Oh Robbie I could not possibly even walk in that cold and with wind I would just wither away! Your love of hand stitching is what always makes your quilt art pieces so very special. These reds and blacks with gold are classic elegance. Please stay warm and safe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon you will be warm! I love these colors by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I hope your machine repair isn't too costly. But you've had it a good long time. I've seen prices on new machines that I would hesitate to pay for a car!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!