A few weeks ago, I posted on my blog some fiber cards I made using engineering drawings from my friend, Carol T's father. I loved looking at his work and Carol was kind enough to give me several! of them so I could play!
Well, I sent pics of some drawings to Lynn K. to create theromax screens for me. I just rec'd them earlier this week and I've been itching to try them out!!
So, with Lynn's book, Intentional Printing, in hand, along with some scrap fabric, I headed to the dye room!!
I just happen to have some old, old, old (yes, really old!!) thickened dye in the frig so figured I'd give it a try! I wasn't sure if it was black or dark, dark blue! Turned out it was black...but that's ok...
This is one of the screen I had printed....I forgot to take a pic of the other screen...but you'll see results below! Pretty cool isn't it! Well, I think so!!! I see lots of hand stitching and possibly some beads!!
And this is another screen Lynn made. It's larger than the circle screen.
I really like this one as well....
Thanks so much Carol for sharing your father's work with me!! I know I'll use these in my art work...in fact, I already have an idea for an upcoming project that is due in Sept.!!
And, a huge thanks to Lynn!!! She had to do a lot of cleanup on the pictures I sent her!!! I didn't realize the quality of your pictures could or would impact creating screens. You can see on the circle printing some little fuzz's...but to tell the truth, I like that little distortion!! I think it adds to the print!! I am very happy with my screens!!!!
Now to go fold that laundry! Boring!!!