So here are some pictures of my process for creating the 12"x12" pieces. I didn't take pictures of each of the six finished squares because they are all so similar you wouldn't really notice changes...although, I did use pink beads on some of the circles.
If you click here, you'll see a previous post I did on creating the mono printed fabric. The multi colored green was quite ugly but with the mono printing it really did turn out so much better! The purple/pinkish fabric was also enhanced by the mono printing. I used black fabric paint and black acrylic paints (whatever was on hand) along with textile medium. It left a really soft feel on the fabric.
I also added a double fold black strip between the two fabrics.
|After quilting, I fused silk Dupioni squares and a hand dyed cotton velveteen (circles)|
I used black thread for buttonhole stitch on the applique pieces. Circles were then beaded using a spiral stitch. (See first picture in this post).
And if you notice the 'line' across the top on the right side...this was my practice/first piece I did...and of course, I cut the fabric too short so I had to add a strip...no biggie for me and as my friend said "I wouldn't have noticed it...why did you tell me. Now all I see is the strip." Kinda funny.
All other squares are square and no strips added! Hope each lady likes their square!!! It was a fun challenge! Can't wait to post squares I get back...I did receive one already but I'm not sure if I posted on it!!!!
This was my square from Tommy (The Material Girl!) that I rec'd!! Tommy did post on her blog the process she used for creating our squares. You can head on over and see her process here!