Anyway, you'll get the 'jest' of the piece. It was black fabric that i discharged with robin egg blue DeColorant as well as using my Clorox gel bleach pen!
I happened to have a batik piece of fabric that matched the Clorox discharge areas so I used that to create the circle/square pieces and the binding. It's hard to see but I did bead around the center circle to adhere it down onto the background.
The piece was finished off with some hand stitching and free motion quilting. I tried to keep with the theme of circles and squares in the FMQ. I mentioned in my last post about this piece how much I really like the Lana thread by Madeira. It's so nice to stitch with and I like the effect. I used to be a Perle cotton gal but I think I'm now a Madeira gal!
Just a detail shot above. I also started a patchwork background based on another video Linda did. AND I've cut holes in my other tree piece I showed a few weeks ago!!! What fun!!! I finished the outline qulting on that piece and now just need to decide how to finish off the 'holes' in the piece! I'm still beading a bracelet for my Florida friend on the loom as well. Just doing what I can, when I can!