My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Now to hand stitching

My butterfly is attached and beading finished. Now to work on the hand stitching. I did start on the leaves yesterday so hopefully I can finish the piece sometime over the next few days.
This morning Bob and I took off to go out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel! We get the 'Grandma's Special' (which for some reason isn't on the menu but all the waitresses know what it is!). Of course, we brought half home so we'll have another good breakfast tomorrow morning as well! Tonight, we won't eat much as that breakfast seems to hold us all through the day!
I'm looking forward to the next few days...Sunday, Carol and I are going to the Master Garden show, which is one of our yearly events we look forward to. I love see all the vendors and just walking around looking at all the beautiful plants. This is the same show that I've purchased my Amaryllis bulbs from. My plants bloom beautifully each year and I hope they do again this next spring! You can see what the flowers looked like last year on my post here.
Monday, Susan and I are heading out to Gainesville to help spur on the economy! And of course stop for treats along the way!! Later in the week, Carol and I are heading out to, once again!, help the economy and do a little shopping! We ladies really try to do our best to help out! So guess I'll close so Kalee and I can sit out in the lanai and bead (she'll sleep...I'll bead!...at least I hope that's what will happen!).

2 comments:

  1. Exquisite work as always! I'm sure it was breath-holding time to cut the butterfly to apply it here. Operation a success. Forgot if I told you... next Sat., 9-5 at Harvest Village on 441 just north of McIntosh, three of us collectors will have a display of vintage quilts to benefit animal welfare. Stop up if you can!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!