My Favorite Books

Sunday, January 31, 2010

BD journal

I know my friend has received her 60th BD gift by now so I'm going to post pics of the finished journal I made for her.

This is a small fabric journal based on a technique in Lesley Riley's latest book, 'Fabulous Fabric Art with Lutradur. I used fabric fused to a heavy interfacing rather than the lutradur but the book was made the same way.
This is the front cover which was quilted, stamped, embellished with a grungeboard piece from Tim Holtz collection and a shrinky dink lady added. Page 1 had one of my zentangle hearts that I cut out, colored with marker pens and stitched onto background. The 2nd page has a friendship saying that I printed on the sticky back canvas (Ranger products), painted w/acrylic paint and stitched.

Page 3 contains some leaves for scrapbooking that I painted and adhered with gel medium. Page 4 is FMQ, embroidery stitch and another saying I adhered with brackets.


Page 5 has a flip side on the left which has the date and BD wish (next pic shows closeup). Again, sticky back canvas has sayings printed on them.

Closeup of flap on inside of page 5.

This is the back cover and I know my friend will remember this fabric. She actually made a jacket with the same pattern. I think her color was different but very close.
Had a day out again with Carol..library, Panera's, Michael's, WalMart, Publix..whew! I'm pooped but it was fun to be out and about. Quite windy today but sunny. Tomorrow is girls day out with Barb, Carol, Peggy and I. We're headed to downtown Ocala to see the sights, walk around and drop some $$'s (theirs not mine!) in some of the new shops! Of course, we'll have lunch out and maybe even dessert! I hope!

3 comments:

  1. The journal looks great. I like all the pages and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work! She must totally love this! I would.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!