My Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Summer Project 1!

 Our grandson, Nick, turns 21 in September!  Hard for me to believe but...for our grand daughter, Amber, I made her a 21st BD memory book.  So, it's now time for me to make Nick his 21st BD book!  Every year on each of Nick & Amber's BD, I would write a BD letter to them talking about what they or we did in the past year.  And, of course, I've saved lots of items/notes/papers for the past 21 years for Nick too.

This is a  link to the post I did on Amber's book I made.  It's filled with lots of notes, pictures and memorabilia I've saved.  I also gave her 21 BD letters I had written each year.  I don't think she's read hardly any of the BD letters...maybe she will when I'm gone!  HA

This is what my art table is filled with!  Fortunately, this is where I dye, paint, etc. fabric and works great so I can leave all the 'stuff' out!



It's been a lot of work going back to obtain pictures from 2003 thru 2024!  I've already had over 120 pictures printed at Walgreen's (with my 50% off coupon!  woohoo!).  I have small envelopes starting with 2003 and as I find papers/notes/pics I put them in their respective envelope(s)!  Easy, right!  Well, it is untill I find a picture that doesn't have a date on it!  Remember we are in the age of digital photos!  And because we copy from members of the family, the original date isn't always retained!  So it's taken time to go through every flash drive I have to find Nick's pictures!  HA


These are some of my notes I've written to verify dates and print outs of emails my son and DIL sent me on something Nick did through the years.  






I also kept notes on little items or funny stories...for example: I bought Nick a model air plane and we were working on it.  It had very small decals and one of the decals dropped on the floor.  We couldn't find it.  Finally, Nick said "maybe it fell in one of your wrinkles, grandma"!  Out of the mouth of babes, right!


This is a picture of Nick when he was a toddler.  He loved taking Mandy for walks and pulling the wagon.  How I loved spending time with the grand kids!  I miss those days so much...

So, summer if busy with projects for sure!  




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a labor of love, and it's sure to be treasured by him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that was my comment. I forgot to change it from anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!