My Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Playtime with Free Motion Quilting

 Started to play with some free motion quilting.  I have two books from Karlee Porter - Graffiti Quilter.  I love her cool designs.   She has some amazing long arm computer designs that are fantastic!  Makes me want a computerized long arm but that will never happen!  HA



So I started to play with some of her designs on some scrap pieces.....




Back of piece

Always fun to play with free motion....BUT the more I think about it, I'm thinking of doing straight lines on the dye dog #3 quilt...still not sure but leaning that way....horizonal and vertical lines throughout...guess we'll see!  Until then, I'll keep playing with some of Karlee's designs!  











I know our library/MEL system had one of her books...check your library or order.  I'd get her 2nd book if you don't have any of her books.  Gives some good insight on 'how to'.


4 comments:

  1. I think I'll order one of her books. I'm starting to do more fee-motion, but I love her designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops -- That anonymous comment is me, Sherrie Spangler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this looks so great! We were away and then had some computer glitches so I'm behind in blog reading. But I'm glad I saw this post. Will check out her books. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!