My Favorite Books

Saturday, July 29, 2023

 


Now, let's get into a project that you have to read and think!  Which for some reason, I don't do well when reading a knitting pattern.  Hence, I love charts!  For some reason, that makes sense to me.  Words are easy for me to 'read into them' what I think is happening!  


This is a sweater I want to make for Christmas...I didn't say which Christmas!!!!  Trying to shoot for 2023 but I am realistic!  HA

The pattern is by Hinterm Stein on Ravelry.  I also have another one of her patterns I want to make.









I started this past week  and thought the center pattern was really cool!















But then I ran into some 'issues' I caused myself...yep, not reading correctly...but I struggled through and thought...boy, this is hard!!!  

Just one of the edges didn't look right...of course, I didn't notice until I had knitted about 10 rows!  DUH.











I also noticed I was off ONE stitch!  Grrrrrrrrr

So what's a gal to do but rip/rip!


Started to unknit here and decided it was easier in above pic to wrap the collar area around my coffee cup!  

So now I'll be starting over!  But that's ok...it's a lot of work to knit projects and I'd rather start over and have it correct than get frustrated because it doesn't look right or fit!  So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!



4 comments:

  1. My friend always said, "You enjoyed knitting it the first time. Now you can enjoy knitting it AGAIN!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That neckline design is so pretty. Good luck. You'll conquer it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the styling of this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a pretty sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!