My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Cuttin Time Again!




For Christmas gifts this past year, I made several 'upcycled zippered totes' from cutting up some of my quilts.  This past week I decided to make another six  totes ,so I started cutting up quilts!

These are the pieces cut into rectangles ready to find lining and facing fabrics.  Another good use of clearing out fabric, right!



I was trying to get a production line going but changing threads caused me a little extra work but it all worked out in the end.  I finished all six by Saturday last weekend.

 I'm headed to Ohio this coming Thursday, along with my daughter, to meet up with my sister and three of her daughters and her grandson/his wife/and their son!  Yep, there will be 11 (10 adults) of us in the grandson's home!  Plus 3 dogs (no, I' not taking mine...sniff, sniff).  God Bless Mitchell and Tiffany for having us all stay over!   Anyway, I thought the little totes would be a nice gift for all the women!








This was a large stitched shibori quilt I made in 2013.  I do have some of the quilt left to make another bag or two from! 




















A lot of hand stitching on this one!








This was from the practice free motion quilting I was playing with a few weeks ago!  there was quite a bit of stitching so what else to do but make a bag from it!

















This was another small quilted piece that I had hand stamped and free motion quilted.  It was the perfect size (8.5"x 6.5")!
















The back of the quilted tote above has this orange quilted piece!  This was from another large quilt I made years and years ago.  

I just thought the orange looked really good with the colored leaves on the front!















These three were all made with the same quilt cut up!  I did all the hand stitching on this patchwork quilt and I think looks nice in a tote!













Click to see stitching

This was the finished quilt with all my hand stitching...this was in 2021.  I was going to make a pillow but that never happened so....a good one to cut up too!  HA




















So the little totes (finished size is around 8" x 6") are all ready to put in a bag for the family woman to take one!  I made six thinking I would have one leftover so everyone would at least get a choice...turns out one of my nieces is also arriving on Friday from Florida!  Whew!  So now they'll just have to grab!  HA



2 comments:

  1. Those bags are great! I have a bunch of small quilted pieces that would be perfect for making these. Did you show a step by step how you made these in a previous post? I know you posted about making these before. Oh my, your coming to Ohio. That is where I live. It is a big state and I am in the NE part of the state. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful to make these for your trip. An organized, too, to get them all done in time.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!