My Favorite Books

Friday, May 12, 2023

Beth's Dye Dog #2


Beth and her hubby, Pete, live part time in Florida and part time in Adrian, Michigan (yep, where Amber graduated from!).  We both participated in the first dye dog challenge, which you can read about here.

 I asked Beth if I could post her Dye Dog #2 and she agreed!  Beth does beautiful work as you can see by this picture!

Beth's artistry and workmanship is awesome!  






Here is Beth's description of her piece: 

The butterfly is all hand sewn stitches, to reflect the colors in the center. It was built on muslin, then a heat and bond back and trimmed, and heat set.

Not an embroidery design.

I used to think hand was a four letter word now I enjoy the peace while I’m just sitting and taking stitches.

I think this piece really turned out well I will be showing it at art  quilters at our May meeting.

Thank you Kay for inspiring this piece to see your beautiful hand dyed fabrics. 


Isn't this lovely!!!!  All hand sewn!  

These are pictures of Beth's first dye dog piece!

Just beautiful isn't it!  If you go to the link in the first paragraph of this post, you'll see Beth's explanation of her finished piece.

So I wonder if we'll get another Dye Dog #3 next year!  Thanks again, Kay for your fabric and inspiration!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, and you both handled the dye pieces so differently. I'm curious about the inner image- is that a print or did Beth draw and color it somehow? The butterfly with hand embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!