My Favorite Books

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Another Book - made by my daughter!


In looking at some of my books/etc. I've made over the past few weeks,  I found this book my daughter made!  At the time, we were big on scrapbooking and she took a class using a lunch paper bag to make a book!  How clever and so sweet!!! 

I'm sad that it's missing some decal that was at the top of the cover.  I might have to go and find something to replace what was there. 

Here are some of the pages that were inside the book.




There are pockets on some pages where Dawn attached a photo to a tag.  Yep, this is my daughter and I years ago! 
The picture of Dawn with the horse is the summer she decided she wanted to show horses with me.  Every morning, she got up and headed to the barn with me (before I went to work) to take care of the horses and practice.  



And this was me showing one of my friends foals at the QH Futurity that was held at the State Fair Grounds in Detroit.  This was back in the mid to late 80's.

The lunch bag opens up so you can insert pictures or notes!  How clever!



Another insert!  

This was at my daughter's wedding to Jeff.  I love her smile and always will!   She lights up a room!!!

















I do have to insert a current picture of my daughter in this post.  She has had dark hair just like her father since she was born!  But over the past year or so she has let it grow out and I think she is beautiful...I always thought she was beautiful...but this look is perfect for her.  

Now back to the paper bag book!






Page on the left is Dawn's graduation.  The little tag is her brother and her in western wear!  So cute!





Pic on the right is a quick trip Dawn and I took to Vegas one year!  That was a fun trip!  







On a side note, Dawn is currently in Spain for an entire month!!!!  It's part of a travel/remote work program that you book for 'x' number of months.  Dawn said some in her group have been traveling to different countries for 7-12 months!  
Dawn's online company, Talent Activators, allows her to work remotely, as well as travel (all over!!).  Some days, she has to arrange her work schedule, due to time zone differences, to 4 p.m. to midnight to accommodate folks in different time zones!  And during the day, she can go sightseeing!  I'm so proud of her for all her accomplishments in her life...and give her SO much credit for doing this travel!  Her hubby also travels quite a bit lately, so he's also out of town so no one is lonely at home!  HA  Jeff is also so encouraging for Dawn to travel, as it's her 2nd love in life (next to Jeff!).  




I also found this little keepsake!  In one of our art groups, we were taught to use Tyvek to cover and create a little photo frame!



I don't know if I still have the directions...will have to look up....but this is my grandson, Nick, from 2003!  

So much fun to look back at what we have saved!  Just hope the kids keep all these items to pass on.....


2 comments:

  1. What a fun look back at the photo book! The Las Vegas pic is priceless. There sure is a lot to be said for working remotely with all the travel opportunities, and now it's really a "thing". Good for Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your time and effort in making this blog

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!