My Favorite Books

Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter 2023!

Bob & I, Kris' mom, Nancy, Nick, Darrin, Jeff
Amber and Kris!
 Another wonderful Easter celebration with the kids! We were missing Dawn, as she is in Spain until the end of the month on a travel/remote work program.

As usual, we had enough food to feed an army and we all got 'care packages' to take home to enjoy the meal all over again! I didn't get a picture of the dessert table!!!! Nancy , Kris' mom, outdid herself, as usual, and made about a dozen different desserts! I show about 1/8th of them in the picture on this post of the ones I took home. I lost about 6 pictures....not sure what happened to them...boohoo...but at least I had these in Google Photo's!

And I wore my 3rd lace top!!! Now to find another pattern for next Easter!


Before I show pictures from our brunch...a shout out to Kay (you may know her blog Quilts Plus Color) for her suggestion that I dye a bra to match my lace top! When I tried on the top after blocking, I could see my bra under the lace areas. Figured I would just buy one in the orange color but Kay said "dye it"! I used Rit dye and it worked great!!!!! Thanks, Kay!

Top is more tangerine than pick! 

This color is more true to the color of my top!

My son-in-law, Jeff, gave each of us flowers...my favorite are yellow roses so that's what he got me (Dawn reminded him...Jeff did a good job!).  The lily plant is something Kris gets me every year.  I had to take a picture of the hydrangea plant.  Isn't that color beautiful!
I lost about 6 pictures, some of food!  Dang...this is all I had left on my camera.  The dessert table was full!  And I mean FULL!!!!  Nancy outdid herself!


It's not Easter if you don't get a 'bunny' bag!  Nancy got the kids gifts..mainly food to take back to school.  The tea kettle was a gift from Nancy to me!  I love it...and the color is beautiful!
Nancy & I; My SIL, Jeff and I, and funny faces from Nick and Darrin!
Have to admit we did more laughing than we did taking the pictures!!!

It was a great Easter...I did talk with Dawn in the a.m.  She's doing great and enjoying some downtime...as most stores/etc. are closed for Easter.  Our next get together will be for Amber's college graduation early May!  So hard to believe!!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. A lovely day, and such wonderful goodies. I'm sure you all missed Dawn- a new experience to have her away when a gathering is happening. And a graduation coming up- I know that will be another terrific celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!