My Favorite Books

Monday, April 18, 2022

Easter 2022


For the first time in three years, my family was able to get together, except for Amber.  Sniff, sniff...she had homework and was cooking dinner for some of her freshman lacrosse teammates who couldn't go home.  As well as, the cafeteria at school was closed on Friday so unless the girls have a stove or cooking abilities in their dorm room they would go hungry!  Amber was being Betty Crocker for the day because her apartment has full kitchen so she and her roommates do a lot of cooking!  Such a sweet girl!  She was with us in spirit!



And my grandson, who I also adore!  Nick is growing into such a great young man.  I just love this kid and I was so happy he came home and was able to spend time with us.  Braylon, his BFF, had to work but I'm sure we'll be seeing her and Nick this summer.
And, yes, for my followers I am wearing my knitted Lace top!  I am very happy with the results...it was worth all the effort!



 And the men in my life!  My son, SIL, Bob and Nick!  For once we had a really sunny day but it was so sunny we didn't know where to take the pictures.  We were all squinting out on the deck so off to the front door!  Which worked out well.  Except Bob and Jeff's glass both turn dark in the sunlight!  This was taken with Darrin's apple phone and I have to say it is really a good camera!!!




My daughter, Dawn, made her famous crustless quiche and overnight French Toast! Both of these dishes are awesome!!!  I made Naan egg sandwiches, baked egg muffins, devil eggs, muffins (store bought - I cheated), bacon, sausage, hash browns, kale salad (w/avocado, pecans, apples, cranberries, roasted chick peas, shredded carrots and crushed pita chips) and fruit w/yogurt.  Yes, we certainly had enough food!!!  



You can see we're all eager to eat Dawn's Overnight French toast and Quiche!  I actually forgot to take some of the french toast but she did leave a container for Bob and I for breakfast this week!!!



Kale salad in the background and devil eggs...Leftovers will make good egg salad sandwiches!  HA



Fruit with yogurt...always good for breakfast!

Egg muffins in front (mushroom & bacon and roasted veggies and cheese).  

The Naan egg sandwiches are in the back.  One had cheese/spinach and the other was just the egg and spinach.  These are really good and easy to make.




I almost forgot to take pictures, hence, food was already dug into and you can see we're all eating!












 First, Amber gave grandpa this mat!  She and he go back and forth about different drinks...this is so appropriate!  HA






 




AND look what the kids gave me!    Dawn gave me this pot of pansies.  I love yellow flowers and these are perfect.  After my mum passed away, I had some pansies in a planter at the front of my house.  It was in November when mum died and very cold and snowy.  But there was one pansy flower that lived until mid December.  I  kept saying it was my mum because she also loved yellow flowers.....something I won't forget.  









 Kris gave me my favorite candy and yellow tulips!!!!  I'll be sure to plant these this summer!  

It was such a wonderful day for me.  I know the kids are always so busy with work, kids, lacrosse games, etc. so I hate to bother them.  Maybe that's what makes these times more special.  Either way I am thankful for today!!!

3 comments:

  1. An Easter feast! So glad you had family together to enjoy the day. Lovely gifts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely Easter with family. The food looks amazing and so do you in your new lace top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your family could come together for Easter! The food looks incredible, and so does your lace sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!