My Favorite Books

Monday, November 15, 2021

And I thought I was retired!

 I honestly think I am busier now than when I worked!  Days and hours go by so fast!  We're still doing some cleanup at the library after our book sale, which turned out to be pretty successful!  We made a little over $900!  Not bad at all.  But now, it's time to get rid of older fiction and reference books that just aren't going to sell.  Most folks use Google to find out  info so there's no point in keeping some older reference books that just take up storage.



  

The Friends of our library also working on a program for Downtown Christmas in December for parents/kids.  We're putting together kits for making a paperback folded Christmas tree.  What better way for us to get rid of older paperback books that haven't sold in over 10 years!








They really are fun to decorate...I didn't use much imagination on this one but I'm sure when we have our work session other ladies will decorate them a lot better.  I put together an instruction sheet that we'll include in a bag along with a section of book pages and some pom poms for the kids to start on their tree.  










Now to my knitting!  UGH....I was making great progress on my lace top but for some reason...well, I know a few reasons....I got sidetracked, lost my way on the pattern and couldn't rip out to find my mistake so...what to do but start over!



I honestly thought I 'might' be able to pick up the correct row to restart.....


I started to make a better 'stab' at it but then I just said the heck with it and ripped it all out!



So I've started over...and gave myself a treat! Actually, my neighbor made the chocolate chip cookies and I happened to have bought REAL milk to make scalloped potatoes/ham this weekend so I actually drank milk!!!!  It tasted really good!  I don't remember the last time I had a glass of real milk.  We drink almond milk...I may change that just in case we get more cookies!  Lori makes the best chocolate chip cookies!!

So now it's Sunday and we'll watch the Lions while I knit!  Yes, I'm taking my chances that I won't lose my way again!  Fingers crossed!


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the folded book trees….need to learn how!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree books are so cute! I feel your pain having to rip out all of your progress you had made on your lacey top. That cookies was a wonderful reward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea for the book tree projects! Oh no, ripping out the knitting is painful. But you didn't have an option with such an intricate pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those trees! The knitting dilemma - Ugh! Beautiful yarn though! Looking forward to seeing that project.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!