My Favorite Books

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Spending the kids inheritance!

 

So late this summer, Bob and I made a decision that we were going to get a whole house generator.  Too many outages over the past few years; waste of good food in our frig/freezer when the outage goes into a long period of time, etc.  Also, Bob wanted to make sure if something happens to him that I won't have to worry about trying to get our little propane gas generator out - although, it is a snap to use and I could get it started....but I appreciate Bob's thought.  And we appreciate that the kids will understand their inheritance has been spent on something good for us old folks!  We are getting older (Bob turn 82 and I turn 75 in a few months) and if one of us ends up being a caregiver, having power out can be a hazard.  As well as when we're "gone", resale of our house should be increased having this as an added feature!  So maybe the kids will get their inheritance back!  



I have to say, Davison Heating - folks who installed the generator, were SO professional!  Wow..there were 4 men here working and each was so polite, knowledgeable in each of their area(s) to install, run gas lines, add electrical outlet, etc.  

Bob was quite nervous in the a.m. - ok, a tad edgy!!!  Just talking/worrying about everything that had to be done, how they were going to do it, how can they do it, etc.  You name it and he was worrying about it.  SOOOOOOOOOOO  guess who took the dogs and left the house!  HA  I had errands to run in town so really it worked out well for me.  The dogs got 3 walks, ran my errands, visited with my friend, Donna and then spent quality/productive time with my friend, Amy, from the Friends Volunteer at our library.  Actually, Amy and I got more work done today!!!  Woohoo!  And we got to chat, which is always nice too!  


Amy is a huge U of M fan and she is looking forward to the Ohio State/Michigan game today.  So is Bob but I think Amy is the biggest Michigan fan I/we know.  And she's all ready for the Ohio State/Michigan game!

So here we sit watching the U of M game while the snow is falling!!!!  Nick's girlfriend, Baylon, goes to Northern Michigan U which is in Marquette!!  8 hours aways...she leaves tomorrow a.m. with her roommate to head back.  Hope they don't have bad roads and have safe travels!  Nick heads back tomorrow as well but he's about an hour or so away...Amber also has about a two hour drive back to school!  Hate those kids driving in the snow...ok, I hate worrying about the kids driving period!  Now back to the game!!!   I may attempt some lace knitting but....maybe not!  Depends on how exciting the game is!


I'm only on row 11/chart 2!  I finished 14 rows from Chart 1...a LONG way to go!


3 comments:

  1. HA! Inheritance--my parents always said that if there was anything left, they miscalculated! You made a perfect choice to get the generator!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a wise move. We have debated the same choice here. It's kind of like insurance- you pay all that money for it in the hopes you don't have to use it! The lace knitting in competition with the game- oh my- things could get dicey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE soooooo need to break the bank to have on installed…..but her that not only means the purchase of the generator but also digging up and installing a larger propane tank. No natural gas up here in these mountains…..so…that’s why the stall. Happy for your wise decision!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!