My Favorite Books

Monday, November 22, 2021

Week of Thanksgiving!


 It will be a busy week...something different, right!  Library day, errand running another day, heating/electrical work and baking pies on Wednesday then heading to my son's for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  Of course, it's football at our house from Saturday noon until Monday at midnight!  HA  I like to watch U of M and Lions, as well as some other NFL games so I don't mind the TV on with the games.  I can knit...well, until I get lost on what row/pattern I'm on....which does happen!  




We had a mini workshop with some of our Friends volunteers at the library last week.  Since we're doing this kid's craft project at our upcoming Downtown Christmas, we wanted to make sure adults could make a tree!  We were fortunate that our president's daughter and grandson came and they finished both their trees before some of us finished ours!   They are fun to make and a great way to use up old paperback books!  Here's a link to a website to show how to make them.  Easy!  Paperback Trees



Yep, still knitting...but it takes SO much time to knit this lace!  And to think this pattern continues to 'grow' until past my chest area!!!!  I may not finish in 2022!!!! 

I think I mentioned in my last post I had ripped out totally and restarted!!  I do love the pattern...hard to tell from this but the top part is at your neck area and the lace pattern continues......



So that's my life right now....kinda normal...we do keep busy....also, on the hubby front...we're waiting to hear results of his chest CT scan he had last week.  He's had two nodules on his lungs that have appeared on both of his PET scans this past year.  The good news, and I am sticking to this 'good' thought, the nodules didn't 'light up' on the PET scans, which cancer will.  That's not to say it's not but we're praying that these are benign nodules, which are pretty common we've found in researching.  Yes, we Google everything just like the rest of the world!  HA  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What would we do without Google? Hope all is well on the medical front. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving! That's great news about your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looking after my 6 year old granddaughter for a couple of days, we will make Christmas Trees, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for the link to the paperback trees……dare I say Go Lions…..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!