My Favorite Books

Monday, November 29, 2021

thanksgiving 2021

 Hard to believe another year has passed!  Seems like it was just the start of summer and now we're planning for Christmas!!  Time is going by so fast!  Bob turns 82 in December and I turn 75 in January!  Now I know why Bob is always saying "enjoy today because you don't know when your time is coming".  

So, I did enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner with Darrin, Kris, Kris' mom and Amber.  Nick and Braylon did stop by but they were having dinner with her family.  Dawn and Jeff always go to Jeff's sisters house for Thanksgiving, which is nice.  Dawn makes the turkey and other fixings to take over. 

I decided Amber gets her photogenic abilities from her Grandma Nancy!  I dislike getting my picture taken and never do take a good one.  But I just want some memories and the past few years I keep forgetting to take pics of the family!    So this post is more for me than for my readers!  HA  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving too! 



My lemon and pumpkin pies...only problem, duh, I tried a new pie crust recipe that was suppose to help keep it from being soggy...well, the darn crust was so hard you could barely cut it with a knife!  Oh well, my lemon filling still tasted great!




The kids always purchase their fresh turkey from a farm in their town.  I have to say it was delicious!!!!



This is the smallest table Kris has every set for Thanksgiving!!!   Kris is so good at entertaining and cooking!!!  Food was delicious, as usual.  So much work for her!!  Thank you, Kris!!!!






A.J. always sits up on Bob's shoulder.  He was pawing at Bob's leg and crying for Bob to pick him up!


Amber is a sweetheart!  Hard to believe she is a senior at Siena Heights this year!!!!So thoughtful...so beautiful.








She is so photogenic!!!  I don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of her!


Nancy is the same way.  She is Kris' mom, and always photographs so well!  Kris' dad is in a rehab center right now...so we did miss him this year...but he also got a care package Nancy was taking to him.

And our own chef, Kris!  She's also a beauty and such a wonderful daughter-in-law!  Now you know where Amber gets her thoughtfulness...both Darrin and Kris always think of family and others.  They are wonderful examples for their kids!

Yep, my baby, Darrin!  He's a wonderful friend, husband, son and father!  So proud of Darrin and Dawn and how they have turned out as adults!  They were always good kids but as adults they are both super!  Yes, I'm proud of my kids and I can brag on them all I want...HA


And hubby and I!!!  Bob is doing well after the cancer/treatment.  His chest scan came back showing 3 nodules on his lungs BUT they are stable, didn't 'glow' on the both PET scans!!!  So since no growth we can suspect it's from years of smoking but they'll continue to watch! 


I finished my Christmas cards on Saturday so just need to think about getting out Christmas tree and decorations!!!  At least with not going to Florida, I can put the tree up when I want and take it down when I want!  HA  Gotta look at the plus side of things....but I still miss our winters in Florida!





3 comments:

  1. That turkey is huge and looked like it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun seeing your family and all the love they have for each other. BTW - Lemon meringue pie is my most favorite after rhubarb pie….I’m drooling! Forget the turkey….me…I go right for the pies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing pictures of your family and you my dear, are adorable...you take a great picture. I have to agree with Mary, Lemon Meringue pie for me all the way...your meringue is picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!