My Favorite Books

Saturday, April 24, 2021

T-shirt Saga continues






The color of this poncho looks sick here but it's a very pretty peach color in person...yes, I am knitting a row or two when the dogs aren't on my lap or I'm not in the sewing room working on Nick's quilt!



I really need to lay this out in the living room or downstairs family room!  I've added borders on the outside strips and each of the other three strips will have a black strip added on the left side of each block.   I'll use that strip to join each strip to one another!  You can see this process, which I've used before, on The Quilting Edge blog site.  This process works SO great and makes it so easy for quilting.  

You quilts each strip separately so with the strips only 15" wide, it makes it easy to quilt.  Once you add the 'joining' strip process, you're sewing/quilting at the same time, so again, the process is so much easier.  These T-shirt quilts are HEAVY!!!
\





And just to put a smile on your face, this is our great grand daughter, Rilynn!  She has this expression in almost every picture we see of her!!!!  Now if that doesn't make you smile, you're a grouch!  HA


3 comments:

  1. Well, once you got it underway, the T-shirt quilt is coming along well. They are heavy quilts, aren't they? Rilynn's smile matches the one on her dino shirt. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are well on your way to getting this quilt done despite all the trouble it gave you. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your T-shirt quilt...am so tempted myself to make one for my 2 old kiddos but seems so overwhelming...big...heavy....will have to think on it. I love the color of your poncho...JJill has a lot of clothing items in that color...a grayed peach which is luscious! Rilynn is a delight!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!