My Favorite Books

Friday, January 22, 2021

More Mono Printing


Still playing around with more mono prints.  I like the black printed piece I stenciled last summer and looking at it closer noticed some pale blue throughout. 

So...it didn't seem like enough blue so I overdyed with some Robin Egg Blue dye by just painting the liquid dye on the cloth.  I wanted to use this piece as a background for a new collage I started to work on but I just couldn't get it to work out...too busy of a piece but I still like it and I will use it somewhere.   

But check out the Botanical stem stencil that I printed in the middle.  It's a stencil by Mary Beth Shaw and I really love it.  It's 9"x12" and a perfect size.




This was a ghost print on deli paper after I printed some layers using the gelli plate.





The prints on the sides were from using up any paint on my gelli plate.



Sorry...forgot to turn the picture...birds of course!  HA  

I used the original mono print of the Botanical Stem above to be the focal point for this  collage.  You can see where I used some of the bird stencil prints and ghost prints as well.

I added a picture from my Birds & Bloom magazine to the bottom right.  He just seemed to fit.  

I still need to blend some of the hard edges as well as extend or outline the stems.  The print is brighter than what's showing in the picture...you can see the 'real' color in the first picture on this post.  Hopefully, when it's finished it will look deeper when I photograph it! 

Instead of putting this collage on a canvas (because I didn't have any!) I just fused to some batting.  I'll be machine and hand stitching so this works better for me.  Too hard for me to stitch through canvas.  Now on to the next collage.  

4 comments:

  1. You’ve got the start of something wonderful here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blues and the prints you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in these! Good job of using everything you make at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, especially the little bird peeking in from the side

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!