My Favorite Books

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Another Shawl Finished!

I believe I am finished with making lace shawls for the time being!  No place to wear them anyway, right!  But I have had an enjoyable, satisfying and challenging time learning to knit lace work!  A huge thanks to Laura Nelkin (I've used her patterns) and to Andrea Wong (Portuguese Knitting instructor).  Both these ladies have taught me so much...so guess I need to look at some tops/sweaters/etc. to make.  At least those I can wear at home - well, I guess I could wear the shawls but Bob would think I've really lost it!  I started this pattern, Clarus, around the beginning of August and finished it on August 31st. 







It's a really cool lace pattern...looks a little wobbly but when blocked you'll see the pattern and shape.






Closer look at the pattern




Off the needles and into a warm soak so I can block it.  Color is distorted!  DUH





Blocking!





I used some older long needles to straighten out the center panel and the neckline area.  Laura has really good instructions on blocking her shawls.
ALL FINISHED!



This is the yarn I used.

There are slight shades of purple, yellow and greens in this yarn.




3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pattern. I think knitting is a bit meditative, but wonder if that's the case when attempting an intricate pattern like this? The yarn- wow- so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh girl, you are a knitting over-achiever!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely piece. Bet you'll use it in a few months. Also perfect to put across your shoulders in an air-conditioned room.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!