My Favorite Books

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Honest...I am working on art!




I mentioned in a previous post that I started on my Valentine fiber cards and that's exactly what I've been working on this week!
 
I started off printing my own design onto Inkjet fabric sheets but I only had 5 of them left, which only gave me 10 cards...well, I need at least 40 fiber cards this year and decided that is not the economical way to make the cards.





Plus, because I was printing on white fabric, I had to paint areas on each card...plus, quilt each card, yada, yada.


So I had my design printed on a thermofax screen by Lyric Kinard...which, she created with a day notice!  Lyric was headed to Houston and got my screen printed before she left and I rec'd it within a few days!   Thanks, Lyric!!!

Can't show the screen yet....but here's a sneak peak!




I screen printed over 40 pieces of scrap fabric....good for some fabric!!!  Another sneak peak!  I'm sure you can figure out the pattern but those who read my blog and receive a card will forget by Valentine Day!

On Thursday, I started to fuse the Pellon 71F to the back of each piece so I can add some stitching.  I honestly did try to add some french knots but my hands just can't take it.  So off to the machine I went!  I think I have finished the quilting on 15 cards so far.  Doing a little at a time will make it easier this year.  I'm always so busy when we first get to Florida so it will be nice not to feel rushed in making the cards this year.

The production line is now started!  Once I finish the quilting then I can trim, print out my  labels, fuse and trim; then machine stitch some decorative edge.  Whew!  I probably am enjoying the process more so this year then in the past where I feel rushed to get the cards finished by February 1st!  It's a good feeling!

6 comments:

  1. How very clever of you to utilize technology to make card making more efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an unlimited amount of resources and knowledge. This is greek to me, but I enjoy watching you go!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooohhhhh. That is an exciting project! Cannot wait to see them! Do take pics when they are completed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG........I think I need to come live with you at least until my house gets finished......maybe forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paw prints...have a sneaking suspicion....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of your talents. The amount of effort, work and design you put into your fabric postcards is amazing. Your energy and creative powers are endless.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!