Saturday, October 29, 2016
Honest...I am working on art!
I mentioned in a previous post that I started on my Valentine fiber cards and that's exactly what I've been working on this week!
I started off printing my own design onto Inkjet fabric sheets but I only had 5 of them left, which only gave me 10 cards...well, I need at least 40 fiber cards this year and decided that is not the economical way to make the cards.
Plus, because I was printing on white fabric, I had to paint areas on each card...plus, quilt each card, yada, yada.
So I had my design printed on a thermofax screen by Lyric Kinard...which, she created with a day notice! Lyric was headed to Houston and got my screen printed before she left and I rec'd it within a few days! Thanks, Lyric!!!
Can't show the screen yet....but here's a sneak peak!
I screen printed over 40 pieces of scrap fabric....good for some fabric!!! Another sneak peak! I'm sure you can figure out the pattern but those who read my blog and receive a card will forget by Valentine Day!
On Thursday, I started to fuse the Pellon 71F to the back of each piece so I can add some stitching. I honestly did try to add some french knots but my hands just can't take it. So off to the machine I went! I think I have finished the quilting on 15 cards so far. Doing a little at a time will make it easier this year. I'm always so busy when we first get to Florida so it will be nice not to feel rushed in making the cards this year.
The production line is now started! Once I finish the quilting then I can trim, print out my labels, fuse and trim; then machine stitch some decorative edge. Whew! I probably am enjoying the process more so this year then in the past where I feel rushed to get the cards finished by February 1st! It's a good feeling!