My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Another challenge....

I can't really show the entire challenge yet...but just to let ya all know I am working away at this piece!  It requires a lot of hand stitching and is due the end of January/February.  So.....

This was my start.....I did machine stitch with invisible thread  (straight lines) some areas just so the piece is stabilized to start hand stitching.


In the circles, on red areas, I'm using Turquoise or lime green thread(s) and on the other areas I'm using red thread.

For outside of the circles, I'll be using matching threads to the background.  I don't want to detract from the circles.











And this is my progress so far....again, not showing the entire piece...you get the idea!



I just love hand stitching....I know, I sound like a broken record.  But I really, really do love hand stitching!!


So far, this piece is coming out as I wanted it to.  There is tons of stitching left  but, because it is so relaxing to do, I should be the most relaxed person around when it's finished!  Let's hope!

Hubby was looking up movies to watch on Netflix!   Is this an old age thing all of a sudden! I don't see us watching any movies on Netflix as we haven't even watched some of the new shows that are out right now (Bull, Designated Survivor, etc.).  Too much football going on and he is in 2 or 3 Fantasy Football leagues.  At least it gives me time to hand stitch!  Or watch my own shows on Netflix!

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors you are using...in the fabric and the heads. Robbie dear your hand stitches are so perfectly spaced. You would do fabulous Sashiko hand stitching. It is also very repetitive and calming. So happy to see this sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow…..I can’t wait to see the finished piece……it’s got it all so far….great color, great design, and great stitching!!

    Sorry about the Lions……Those darn BEARS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh this is pretty. I love hand stitching as well. Gives you time to enjoy Terry's company while he watches whatever interests him on TV. I have to get a new router then I'll set up Netfix. We have been watching some using Laurie's set up but my Router is on it's last leg I think. Funny how we are not watching the new shows too much too!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hand stitching too! Most of my stuff doesn't have any machine work because I find it just so relaxing to sit and stitch. Beautiful colors...can't wait to see more <3

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!