My Favorite Books

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Exploding Box

My bud, Jan, came over this past week for a project she wanted to work on.  It's called an 'exploding box'!  To tell the truth it certainly looked a little daunting!  But we did it!!!

You can see why we thought it might take a day or two to finish!  But we did it in less than 3 hours.  Jan had all her pictures she wanted to include in the 'box'.  She just had to decide where each picture would go and get each picture trimmed to fit the slots!  That was the hard part!  HA






This is beautiful, Miss Jan, working hard on the 'box'!

















We laid out all the pics in the area Jan wanted then she started to cut and paste (so to speak!).





All finished...the purple box can hold something special.  Jan's daughter is fond of unusual rocks, so she might put a special one in that box.




This was almost a two person job...folding the bugger to make a box!!!










And now it's all tied up nicely ready to be open!









Check out the video of the finished box!  How cool is this!

I'm going to order one and make it for Amber for her 19th birthday this coming August!  She'll love it!
p.s.  Just fyi...it took Jan several, several weeks to receive this box via mail from China.  I've read some negative and positive reviews on the web site I linked to above.  I think it's because the items do come from China, hence, the long delivery time.  Just fyi...I did order one but I don't need it until late summer!

6 comments:

  1. It's quite large- well done. I'm sure you felt all thumbs when getting it underway and folded up, but it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazingly cool! IwantIwantIwant... but I've got too many thumbs already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber will love this as her gift. So much fun in an exploding box! Of course I did a “YouTube” search and found lots more ideas. Great Inspiration Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it before, but it sure is cool. I'm going to think about one for a birthday or two. The BD candles that play Happy Birthday that I ordered from a China site were a BIG hit, but took too many months to get here. I had to save them for the NEXT year birthday.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the coolest thing! I'm fascinated...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!