My Favorite Books

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Roberta Warshaw Art

I follow several...ok, more than several! artists blogs and one that I have followed for quite sometime is Roberta Warshaw.  I so enjoy when I see Roberta has posted another post and a picture or two of her work.  Roberta's artist statement follows:

"For most of my life I have been a painter. I have worked in pen and ink, watercolors, gouache, oils and acrylics. I have always painted the world around me in all its true splendor. For many years I lived in the tropics and painted the lush plant life that surrounded me. When I left the tropics and moved out into the country I painted landscapes of the local farms and my wonderful vegetable garden. Now that I am living part time in the Sonoran desert, I am influenced by the very unique and wonderful looking cactus and flowers I see on my walks."

I love her work because it always looks so delicate to me.  I  save some of her recent pieces from her blog to show here in this post.  I hope if you aren't familiar with Roberta's work you take a 'trip' to her blog and Etsy page (she has a 'shop' link at the top of her blog).  I am hoping she gets back to producing some of her artwork in cards too!  



I think this piece would look wonderful hanging on the wall!!!  Gee, maybe we need to talk Roberta into creating patterns for quilts!  HA  Like she needs another 'job'!  Isn't this piece so delicate!



Even her lino cut artwork is outstanding.  



You can also check out some more of Roberta's collages here.  If nothing else, I know you'll love her work and perhaps be inspired to purchase a piece of art or just be inspired!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much Robbie for sharing my work. What a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been blog friends with Roberta for a very long time. I have enjoyed watching her interest and talent change over the years. She seems to triumph in every media she happens to fancy at the time.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she does need to do quilt patters.....and fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the use of dots...think any of these pieces would interpret well in fabric...on my way to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!