My Favorite Books

Sunday, May 21, 2017

This program has been temporarily interrupted...

OK, I know I need to finish my 'eyes' quilt, as it's due May 31th...but I just couldn't resist playing with Linda Kemshall's latest video on using up your scraps!!!

Yesterday I worked on making the strips (after I came home from a great lunch & margarita with my bud, Carol T.!).





I made 3 sets of strips.




And two of the six sets/blocks I made from the strips! If you want to know how to make these, you'll need to sign up for DesignMattersTV!  I don't get any magazines and put all my $$'s to this online resource.  It's not cheap but well worth it in my mind....so don't ask how these are made!  HA  Go sign up!!!





So many different layouts are possible....


This is how I used the blocks.  And the leftover strips I put in between each block.  To be honest...I almost cut the block apart so I could stitch together again!!!  But I didn't...but I do have 3 other blocks left over to do something else with!...hmmmmmmm

This will end up being another table runner.  I know..I need another table runner like a hole in the head!  But, it's fun to be able to change them out frequently!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

6 comments:

  1. Totally wonderful setting you designed...……and such an excellent way to utilize scraps….without them looking like leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun exercise in different layouts. I like the deep color background you used with the strips. Had to laugh because I'm just like you- working on this, but distracted and caught up with that. That's why there are so many projects going on at once- quilting, journal making, art journaling. eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cool pieces. I did check out the video subscription. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful...love the very vibrant colors you used...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Those colors and those strips are popping right into my loving zone! Sew many possibilites with your fun strip blocks. I LOVE seeing all your play projects. <3

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!