My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 29, 2023

3rd Dye Dog Progress

 Well, I've finally finished the layout for the 3rd dye dog!  This piece consists of fabric by Kay Sorensen, Quilts + Color.  I finished our 2nd Dye Dog a few months ago.  You can see that finished piece here.



Not sure which direction it will end up but it's all sewn together and I started to stich each section to hold in place. 





Haven't decided if I'll hand stitch or free motion quilting.  I have been playing with some free motion work lately.  Just not sure which I end up doing


I do like the colors in Kay's hand dyed fabrics and I was lucky to still have some shibori fabric, in pink, from another exchange I did years ago with our fiber group.  Colors just all went together!


In case I do hand stitch, I like to stitch in the ditch to keep the piece stable.  Embroidery/hand stitching can cause some ripples so this just helps keep it all together!

Now to get back to free motion quilting.  It does take a bit to get back into the swing of free motion work.  Fingers crossed I haven't forgot how to do it!  


1 comment:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!